Wednesday 20 June 2012

Summer of Self-Love

Today I want to talk to you guys about something I've decided to participate in this summer. One of my blogging heroes (who I mentioned in my last Magical Mondays), Amy Morby, has just started a series called  Summer of Self-Love. It's all about learning to love your body how it is RIGHT now. To stop hiding this summer and just enjoy yourself. 


Summer and I have always had a love/hate relationship. I love being able to spend more time outside, I love beach combing, and I love water parks. But I've always felt like my body isn't good enough, and I've always felt insecure and nervous in a bathing suit. I always wear tons of layers, even in the hot sun. In general, summer makes me feel uncomfortable - from lack of confidence, to just plain ol' sweating in my leggings and sweaters. Now, I don't generally hate on my body all that much. I've gotten better at accepting myself as I've gotten older. It's just when I start to show off a little skin that I feel weird, and I'd like to challenge that feeling in myself and learn to be comfortable just as I am.


I love the idea of  "embracing your inner pin up girl"! Pin up girls come in all shapes and sizes and they're all so incredibly sassy and sexy in their own unique ways. I want this summer to be the most magical summer of my life! And I'm not willing to let body negativity hold me back.


I, Korrina Ede, swear to have the best summer of my life filled with the most radical body confidence I've ever known. I pledge to:
  • Tune out pressure to fit into a certain body shape and size.
  • Accept my body wholly and unconditionally as it looks now.
  • Wear whatever I want to wear this summer and not think twice.
  • Say yes to summer activities, like swimming and the beach, even if I don't feel great in my bathing suit. I DESERVE TO HAVE FUN, and I will change my way of thinking about my body.
  • Stop any negative body talk I hear around me, including in my own head.
  • Most of all, I pledge to live in the present, do what makes me happy, and live it up with the one body I have.

    I wanted to post this on my blog in case there are any other ladies out there who feel this way and who would like to challenge themselves this summer. I think it'd be good for all of us to have less negativity in our lives, don't you? Here's to a wonderful summer filled with adventures!

    With stampedes of affection,
    Korrina
  • 2 comments:

    1. girl, I love you! this is awesome. i toast my morning cup of coffee to this!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. thanks cupcake! it's going to be a good summer!

        Delete